can you make a Japanese font?
Fonts for GB Studio
A downloadable font pack
GB Studio Fonts 💬
Here are some fonts for use with GB Studio~
- Facsimile_8x8, an adaptation of Fairfax 6x12 by Rebecca G. Bettencourt;
- Phantasm_8x8, an adaptation of Phantasm_10x10 by Bo Fehlan;
- Our_Distant_Future_8x8, a font inspired by Chunky_8x8 by Bo Fehlan and "TeleTekst" by LeFly Fonts;
- Fast_Action_8x8, a font inspired by 1990s arcade and console game typefaces;
- Dot_Gothic_8x8, an adaptation of DotGothic16 by Kokiabe/Fontworks Inc..
How To Use 👩🔬
NOTE: These are GB Studio 2 fixed-width fonts. They have not been tested with GB Studio 3.
- Download the zip file.
- Copy the file for the font you want to use from the
assets/uifolder in this zip file to the same folder in your GB Studio project.
- Rename the file to
ascii.png, replacing any existing file with that name.
- That's it! GB Studio will now use the font you selected.
For more information please see the GB Studio user interface documentation.
These fonts are available under the SIL Open Font License 1.1, so you can use them in your own projects or modify them to create your own version.
See Also 👀
Also check out Omelette_8x8 for GB Studio!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Mm, that’s a good question. I might be able to do just the kana but the GB Studio 1 & 2 font format definitely doesn’t have room for kanji.
I will look into it and see what I can find!
Truly nice, I allowed myself to use one of them in my newest game. For credit in the end titles ;)
These are nice. :)