Any chance you would update this for GBSTUDIO 3.03?
Stair Climbing Mod for GB Studio 2.0β5
Stair Climbing Mod
A small modification to
Platform.c for GB Studio 2.0β5 implementing climbable stairs in platformer mode.
How to Install
- Eject the engine from your game.
- Copy the file
Platform.cfrom the folder
StairClimbMod/assets/engine/src/states/in this mod to the same folder in your project. For example:
- Add stairs to the collisions in your game.
How to Create Stairs
In this mod, stairs are represented by a combination of collision types.
- Collision Left & Ladder = Climbed from the left
- Collision Right & Ladder = Climbed from the right
When the engine sees these collision types placed together it interprets it as climbable stairs.
NOTE: This means that the player cannot stand on top of these stair blocks. Instead, a platform can be placed right below them.
Please check out the example project included here to see exactly how they work.
- Sometimes a player may pass through a climbable stair instead of climbing it. This is unusual, but happens.
- All climbable stairs are also ladders.
- Climbable stairs cannot also be solid standing surfaces.
This game was built with GB Studio 2.0-beta 5. I'm not sure if it will work with other versions.
You can also view this code or clone it from GitHub.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I probably will but unfortunately it won’t be for a while. I’m working on some games in 2.0beta5 and I don’t want to switch to 3 until I have them finished.
I bet it can be made to work even more smoothly in 3, though, so I’m looking forward to it!
Hey, I know it’s been a long time but I finally switched to GB Studio 3 and it turns out Chris & Co. have just implemented slopes for 3.2!
So no need for this mod once 3.2 drops!